Friday, October 28, 2016

Mommy-Daughter Date

I think it's important for kids to get one-on-one time with their parents, so this morning Ryker went to play at Grandma's house while Ilyana and I went on a date! To start our adventure we went to the Ladd Library for a Halloween party! Ilyana wore her panda costume (which received lots of compliments) and we got to watch a magic show, do crafts, play games, and trick or treat around the library. The magician was hilarious and entertaining and Ilyana loved coloring a little pumpkin. She also got a tattoo on her hand which she was very pleased with. She continued to point it out to me all morning "Mama! Dog! Woof woof!". Ilyana was also excited to receive a toothbrush and a book from some of the trick or treating stations. She also got a small kit kat bar that I let her eat. Ilyana has had M&M's before but besides that has never really had candy. She thought the kit kat was pretty delicious!




After the library we stopped back at Grandma's house to feed Ryker and then we headed to HuHot for lunch. Ilyana and I were both very pleased with our lunch. As I was paying for lunch I found an unused Von Maur gift card in my wallet so we decided to go there and pick out a cute outfit for Ilyana. Ilyana is in love with puppies and kitties right now so she picked out this cute pink and sparkly puppy shirt. As we were leaving the mall Ilyana asked to "throw?" as we passed the fountain so I let her throw a few coins in, one of her favorite activities.




After leaving the mall we went back to Grandma's to pick up Ryker and then headed home for naps. Ilyana didn't even make it home before falling asleep. I carried her inside and she woke up just long enough to roll over and snuggle with her Pikachu. We had such a good time this morning and I look forward to more opportunities to love on my little girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment