Monday, August 29, 2016

First day of 1 year old preschool!

I love being a stay at home mom. However sometimes I struggle with knowing what a good balance between engaging the kids in play and letting them play independently looks like. It can also be hard to know what age appropriate things I should be teaching them throughout the day. So when I saw that my favorite preschool homeschooling site has added a one year old curriculum I knew it was something worth looking into and considering. The curriculum is focused on a lot of things that I was already trying to teach Ilyana. Things like animals, colors, body parts, shapes, and letters. Plus it has a bible story and theme to talk about every week as well. I like how the curriculum already has everything broken down into weeks so we can be focused on a few specific things every week. Most of the activities and "lessons" for the week are easy to integrate into our normal routine. There are activities like pointing out certain shapes, finding items of a specific color, or coloring a fun worksheet. As I look through what we will learn this year I think that it will be the perfect balance of things Ilyana already knows, things that she will easily learn, and things that may challenge her a bit. I also love that it has a specific bible verse and character trait to pray over your child each week! I love being intentional about praying for my children! The suggested schedule for each week is split into 3 days so we are hoping to do school on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday so that Jake can have an active roll in her schooling as well. One of the big perks of homeschooling is the flexibility! We have something on Tuesday this week so we did school today instead! We were easily able to do all of today's activities during Ryker's morning nap. Ilyana had a lot of fun coloring her black train, reading the story of Noah in our favorite children's bible, singing songs, and talking about raccoons. I'm so excited to have a great school year with Ilyana and see just how much she learns!







No comments:

Post a Comment