Saturday, October 15, 2016

A weekend in the life - Saturday

Both kids woke up around 7 this morning so we went downstairs and started them on breakfast and then Jake and I took turns showering. Around 9:15 I put Ryker down for a nap and then Ilyana and I went to run a couple errands. We went to a fabric store to get materials to make Ryker's Halloween costume and then went to Target to get some cough drops for Jake and a few items to make a treat for a party we have tomorrow.


Once we got home I checked the mail and found that a couple of books I had ordered for Ilyana had arrived! Ilyana is absolutely obsessed with Bubble Guppies lately so we decided to get her a couple of Bubble Guppy themed books. She was amazed by the books! Her and Jake read and re-read (and re-read a couple more times) the books for about a half hour while I made the treat for tomorrows party.


Around 11 Ryker woke up so I nursed him quick and then we went to Bart's Farm (a local pumpkin patch)! We had so much fun at the pumpkin patch even though it was a bit cold. We walked around the big pumpkin patch, picked out our pumpkins, and Ilyana got to pet a farm dog. I asked her if she wanted to say "hi" to the dog and she walked up to it saying "Hi dog! Hi dog!" and then had a blast petting it. She was pretty sad when it was time to leave!




We got home and had leftovers for lunch and then put the kids down for naps. Once the kids were sleeping I cut up the fabric that I had bought earlier and got out my sewing machine to try to sew Ryker's costume however it seemed to be jammed so we had to give up on that idea. Ryker woke up around 2 so we played for a little while and then started getting ready for the wedding reception. Around 2:45 we woke up Ilyana  so that we could leave. She wasn't too pleased, but the promise of food made everything better.


We arrived at the wedding reception a little late but we had lots of fun celebrating with the bride and groom, eating delicious food, and catching up with friends. Ilyana was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people so Jake and Nate took her outside to explore for a little bit. They had a lot of fun walking around and playing with sticks. Ilyana is becoming quite the brave little explorer! 





After the reception we headed over to Grandma Raylene's house to catch up with some out of town family. We weren't able to stay long since the kids were needing to go to bed, but it was good to see everyone for a little bit. We headed home around 5:45, got the kids fed, and I put Ryker to bed while Jake played with Ilyana for a little bit and then put her to bed as well. Once the kids were in bed I ran out to Walmart to grab milk and glue sticks for my glue gun (we gave up on the sewing machine). After I got home I realized that the glue sticks I bought were too big. Ugh. So I called a neighbor friend who saved the day and lent me her hot glue gun. Jake and I watched the final two episodes of Gilmore Girls while I finished up Ryker's costume. We're both excited to see the four new Gilmore Girls installments in November! After the final episode (cue tears) I wrote this post and now we'll probably relax for a little bit and then hit the sack!




No comments:

Post a Comment