Saturday, August 2, 2014

And the winner is...

We're into the double digits! 10 weeks! Hurray! Jake and I really enjoyed being able to go on vacation and relax this past week. For the most part I felt decent for the majority of the trip, the nausea is mostly the worst in the evening so we just spent the evenings relaxing. While we were in Kentucky we went to the creation museum which was really interesting and a lot of fun. We also went to the Cincinnati zoo which was a blast (I love zoos!)! Also in Cincinnati we found the cutest little restaurant ever! I would classify it as a burger joint and it just had a fun friendly vibe. The burgers were homemade and DELICIOUS! If you're ever in the area I highly recommend 'Terry's Turf'.
On Monday we were back in cedar rapids and we had a big day ahead of us, hospital touring! Since we both had the day off we decided to go ahead and get this done now. Both hospitals (mercy and St. Lukes) were excellent hospitals. Jake and I agreed that whatever decision we made we definitely couldn't go wrong. In the end though we had to pick one and the winner was... St. Lukes! Like I said, they both are excellent hospitals so the deciding factors were preferential more than anything. I liked the way that St. Lukes does their food better, it'll be closer to home, and the biggest reason was I just felt more comfortable there. So anyone that has chose or does choose mercy, no judgement here! It's a great choice as well, St. Lukes was just the best choice for us :)

Information about peanut:
EDD : Feb 27th (209 days)

How mom's feeling : pretty good! Mostly sick in the evenings and for a little bit when I wake up. Looking forward to the end of the first trimester :)

How dad's feeling: fantastic, super excited, a little anxious about the upcoming school year :)



No comments:

Post a Comment