Monday, August 18, 2014

Pregnancy and the flu don't mix

12 weeks! Woohoo!  Last week of the first trimester! Currently our baby is the size of a lime and weighs a whole half an ounce! It's surprising how big they get in such a short time! Morning sickness has been mostly gone for a few weeks now besides feeling a little 'off' in the evenings still. However a new pregnancy symptom has come about the past few days. I can't go more than 1-2 hours between eating before feeling like I'm starving again. I'm talking hands shaking, feel sick, starving. It's really frustrating! Especially when it wakes you up in the middle of the night!
In other news, pregnancy and the flu don't mix. Earlier last week Jake had a stomach bug. We did our best to not touch or spread germs but Wednesday night when I started feeling kind of sick I started to wonder... then I woke up in the middle of the night puking and knew I had caught the bug too. Puking 6 times in one day isn't fun in any situation, but it's especially not fun when you're pregnant and worried about the little life inside you too! Don't worry, I definitely called my doctor first thing in the morning and they assured me that besides getting dehydrated I didn't need to worry. However to keep the bug from spreading we did have to reschedule our appointment so we won't get to hear the heartbeat until this week. As disappointed as I was about having to wait another week, Jake want going to be able to go and this week he will, God knows what He's doing (although, I'll make a plea to Him that the doctor just needs to reschedule instead of getting the flu!)

Information about our little peanut:
EDD: Feb 27th (193 days)

How mom's feeling: hungry (and annoyed by that), excited to hear the heartbeat! Also thankful that we may have found an excellent replacement for me at my job!

How dad's feeling: enjoying the last week before school starts, excited about our growing baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment